Friday, January 25, 2008

Updates

I have not posted a blog in over two months so I will try to update as best I can. I have just finished another exhausting week at the office, the last two weeks have been around 60 hour workweeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any better in sight. The reason being is that we face deadlines for employee's taxes, tax deadlines for trusts, closing out the year, preparing for an audit, pretty much everything hits at once at this time of year. It often seems that my whole life is work, as at times I will get home around 10 p.m. and then just turn around and do it again the next day. It is not always this bad but I would solicit your prayers as it has been intense lately. I hope I am not sounding as though I am complaining though because it must be said that I do enjoy my job especially when it is not this hectic but part of the reason is not only all the year end and tax deadlines but I had missed a fair amount of work in the previous weeks.

In December I was able to go to my 5th GYC in Minneapolis, MN. The meetings were very good although I wish I could have heard more of the seminars. I am listening to some on audioverse and I would like to get an IPOD so I can listen to them on my commute to and from work. Christmas was great because Norman and Joelle were here for Christmas. We had a very good time and there is a short video clip on www.normanandjoelle.blogspot.com that shows some of our experiences over Christmas. At the beginning of January I was able to attend the Southern Union Ministerial Meetings. These meetings were also very good. I went to as many preaching seminars as I could attend because I do that every now and then in the conference here. Mark Finley, Derek Morris, and others had very good seminars on preaching. I also went to an excellent seminar on revitalizing small churches by Shawn Shives who is a pastor in Georgia. (Father of Jason Shives.) Last weekend my sister April and I attended SEYC. It was a jammed packed weekend but it was very good. Jeffrey Rosario and Matt Parra were the main speakers. Both gave excellent messages which will be on www.audioverse.org I was very happy to see Tim, Sunny, and Adrian who were doing recording for audioverse. It was almost like GYC as I saw other good friends such as Justin McNeilus, and other good friends from Southern. I was happy to see how the spirit of SEYC is still very strong and has grown to be much bigger than we started with a simple idea after the GYC in Ann Arbor, MI. I was also happy that April could get a glimpse of some very positive things that are happening there at Southern Adventist University. So with all of these meetings it has put me behind at the office but it was all very much worth it.

It is good to be busy and have lots of things going on but at the same time it cannot be emphasized enough how important it is to be able to get away from the pressures of every day life. May it be that we all take the time to have time to ourselves and to have meaningful time with the Lord. On that note, I hope that this weekend will be restful and relaxing for all and that you have a wonderful Sabbath. God bless.

Aaron

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Yaaay! an update!
Wow, you sure have been busy. I'm glad I'm not that busy, but I think my colleagues at TQH who are in finance are putting in lots of extra time for similar reasons as you.
Sounds like the ministerium went well and you got a lot out of the seminars. Wish we could have seen you at SEYC! I heard you got "drafted" to be part of the Audioverse staff...

Tim said...

Thanks for helping Audioverse to record SEYC this year. It was great to see you.